What is Academic Affairs?
Academic Affairs is composed of 15 units that include our seven colleges, the library and an array of administrative offices that support our students, staff and faculty. The colleges comprise more than 75 schools and departments offering over 200 academic programs, majors, minors, concentrations with credentials and certificate programs.
All these areas work together to foster an environment that promotes high quality teaching, learning, research and serving in an urban context of vibrant diversity. Academic Affairs is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, assessment and enhancement of all academic programs, policies and support structures. It ensures academic excellence and equity by overseeing faculty hires, promotions and by promoting high-quality education to the University’s 30,000 students. These activities are carried out in partnership with the Academic Senate, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, Administration & Finance, University Advancement and University Enterprises under the principles of shared governance.
- Lam Family College of Business
- Graduate College of Education
- College of Ethnic Studies
- College of Extended Learning
- College of Health and Social Sciences
- College of Liberal and Creative Arts
- College of Science and Engineering
Student, Faculty and Staff Support
- J. Paul Leonard Library
- Academic Technology
- Faculty Affairs and Professional Development
- Research and Sponsored Programs
- Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
- Division of Graduate Studies
Academic Affairs Organizational Chart
View chart (PDF)